Laura’s Pistol Shooting is one of the most reputable and leading trainers for Ohio’s concealed handgun license (also referred to as Ohio CCW). Laura’s Pistol has provided NRA courses in central Ohio to over 2500 students since January 2004.
NRA Basic Pistol and NRA Personal Protection in The Home (PPIH) are two of the most popular courses that meets training requirements for Ohio’s Concealed Carry. The PPIH is by far the most popular because it introduces students to defensive shooting, focuses on personal protection and provides a two hour segment on conceal carry laws and the legal aspect of using a gun for self defense. It also informs class members about the basic components of a handgun, ammunition, the fundamentals of shooting, gun safety and the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and handling a gun.
Laura’s Pistol offers a variety of NRA gun training and instructor courses -
- Basic Pistol – good class for basic guns handling and marksmanship shooting
- Personal Protection In The Home – excellent course for concealed handgun license and meets training requirements for several other states CHL license
- Personal Protection Outside The Home – advance level class that teaches holster draw and overall knowledge and pros and cons about various types and styles of holsters.
- NRA Instructor Courses – become an NRA instructor; educate your community about guns and supplement your income
- Utah concealed handgun license
- Range Safety Officer training – good certification to have if you have a range or work at a range
- One day classes – for your convenience
- Private classes for group of eight or more – friends, family or co-workers
- All ladies classes available
- Don’t let the name “Laura’s Pistol” mislead you… shooting is a male dominated sport and class demographics still consist mostly of men